Canadians Can Become Small Business Owners Through Franchising
With over 100 franchise opportunities and experts, aspiring entrepreneurs can find out how at The Franchise Show in Toronto on October 19 & 20, 2013
(Toronto, ON) October 7, 2013… This year, during small business month, The Franchise Show (www.thefranchiseshow.ca) will empower aspiring entrepreneurs to become small business owners through franchising. Attendees can meet face-to-face with representatives from some of Canada’s leading franchise brands, attend free educational seminars and speak one-on-one with franchise experts to learn how to become business owners but with the resources and support of an established brand behind them. This year, The Franchise Show will take place on Saturday, October 19 and Sunday, October 20 at the Toronto Congress Centre (www.torontocongresscentre.com) at 650 Dixon Road.
Produced by the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), The Franchise Show exclusively features CFA members from a wide range of industries, from food and fitness to beauty supplies and senior homecare. As CFA members, all exhibitors at The Franchise Show agree to abide by CFA’s Code of Ethics and promote excellence in franchise business practices. A list of exhibitors can be found at: http://goo.gl/4oqoWS.
“Many Canadians dream of becoming small business owners but not everyone has the know-how or the original idea to start a business from scratch,” says Lorraine McLachlan, CFA’s President and CEO. “Through the proven business concept and the support provided by the franchisor, franchising can be a tremendous way for Canadians to achieve success as small business owners and The Franchise Show is the best venue to begin investigating franchise opportunities.”
In addition to discovering franchise opportunities and speaking with franchisors, attendees at The Franchise Show can learn how to achieve success in franchising through free seminars held throughout the weekend, including:
- KEYNOTE PRESENTION: “What Makes a Great Franchisee: A Franchisor’s Perspective” presented by Peter Druxerman, Vice President of Marketing, DRUXY’S Famous Deli
- “Franchise Ownership: Is This Type of Self-Employment the Right Strategic Option?” presented by Gary Prenevost, President, FranNet Southern Ontario
- “Unleash Your Inner Franchisee” presented by Shawn Saraga, President, Marathon Realty and Mr. Franchise
- “Business Planning You Can Bank On” presented by Paul daSilva, Director of National Franchise Markets, RBC Royal Bank
- “10 Questions Every Prospective Franchisee Should Ask Before They Buy” presented by Stuart Freen, Associate, Sotos LLP and Frank Robinson, Associate, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- “Legal and Business Aspects to Consider When Purchasing a Franchise” presented by Christine Jackson, Associate, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP and Chad Finkelstein, Partner, Dale & Lessmann LLP
- “The Inside Scoop on Selecting the Right Franchise For You” presented by Marietta Snetsinger, Chief Solutions Officer, Ascend Franchise Solutions
- “How to Finance Your Franchise” presented by Joseph Pisani, Manager, National Franchise Services, BMO
- “Let’s Talk – Franchise Finance” presented by Tom de Larzac, Manager of Franchise & Commercial Partnerships, National Bank of Canada
Aspiring business owners will also have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with leading experts in the franchise community at the Ask the Experts Booth. In addition, the CFA Resource Booth will be available to provide guidance about those hard-to-answer questions. For more information about The Franchise Show, visit www.thefranchiseshow.ca.
The Franchise Show
Dates: Saturday, October 19 and Sunday, October 20
Time: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Toronto Congress Centre, North Building, Hall J, 650 Dixon Road (off Highway 401)
Admission: One day pass – $10, Weekend pass – $15 (Tickets at the door)
NOTE: Pre-register online to receive a $2.00 off admission coupon
The Franchise Show in Toronto Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor: DRUXY’S
Gold Sponsors: FranNet
Silver Sponsors: Fantastic Sams, MTY Group, Pizza Nova
Bronze Sponsor: Cassels Brock LLP
Aisle Sponsors: Beyond Digital, CIBC, Dale & Lessmann LLP, DRUXY’S, FranNet, Moneris Solutions
Seminar Room Sponsors: FranNet, National Bank of Canada
Official Print Media Sponsor: Toronto Star
Official Sign Sponsor: Beyond Digital
CFA National Sponsors: CIBC, CINTAS, Microsoft, Moneris Solutions, Reshift Media, SmarterU.com
About the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA)
With almost 550 corporate members nation-wide, representing many of Canada’s best-known brands, the Canadian Franchise Association is the national voice of franchising in Canada and works with all levels of government to ensure the development of industry-made solutions. CFA promotes excellence in franchising and educates Canadians about franchising, specific franchise opportunities and proper due diligence. For more information, visit http://www.cfa.ca/.
# # #
For media accreditation and more information, contact:
Tel: 800-665-4232 ext. 232